Friday, November 9, 2007

Sisters: Sleeping & Sharing

Helena loves Isabelle. This evening as I was nursing Isabelle, Helena came & sat by us, rubbed Isabelle's head (she loves to rub her head--very gently), and gave Isabelle 2 or 3 kisses on her temple. Every now and then, however, (every time Momma puts down the baby--and sometimes even if she doesn't) Helena--understandably--needs some Momma-time. For the past few nights, she has also wanted to be rocked by me. This evening, as I was rocking Helena, Isabelle (being held by Daddy) started to fuss. So I called to have her brought back. Anton tried to take Helena, but she held out her arm in protest. So I took Isabelle, too!


This arrangement suited Helena just fine--she fell asleep with one hand on Isabelle's chest (it slipped a little by the time we took the picture) and one had on Isabelle's leg. Earlier today, when Helena woke up from her nap, she came & sat on my lap as I held Isabelle on the other arm. (I didn't have the camera for that one!)

Now, who do you suppose put this here?:

3 comments:

Melanie Bettinelli said...

So adorable!

It's like a window into our future. I foresee Isabella doing the exact same things when Sophia arrives.

mrsdarwin said...

I like the doll tucked in with baby -- I see lots of that here.

Sarah Reinhard said...

My oldest is the SAME WAY! She LOVES her little sister and she does the head rubbing thing too (much to Daddy's dismay and worry)!

The doll thing is a stitch too...and we see that here...or I see a baby bed full of toys and dolls when the baby's not in it...