Thursday, November 15, 2007

11 Days Old! -and- Funny Hair

Eleven days old isn't exactly a milestone, but she's been looking very different the past day or two, so I thought I should take a picture to post! Isn't she lovely? She looks a little like her sister and a little like her brother. (I should post some pictures of them to compare!) And, of course, she looks a lot like Isabelle! She is getting so big! I wouldn't be surprised if she weighed 10 lbs. by her doctor's appointment on Monday. She's sleeping very well, too. At night she has one stretch of at least 4 hours, and sometimes a 3 hour stretch, too. Last night, she slept from 2 A.M. to 7 A.M.! (Of course, that makes me nervous, but even in the hospital she slept when she wanted and woke to eat when she was good and ready!)

Now, here is a unique Isabelle feature. . . Most babies have a circular patch from which their hair clearly originates. Isabelle has two!! The patch on the left here is the more "normal" circular spot. The one on the right forms a swirl, very apparent in her dark, thick hair! (Anton says that's "Hurricane Isabelle.") Helena has a swirl, too, but hers is on her forehead, right at the edge of her hairline. When she was a baby, we decided that it was the kind of thing that probably inspired the "kewpie doll" look! Well, Isabelle's might have, too, because these competing hair growth spots make her hair stick up on the top of her head in a little peak! Hee hee!

2 comments:

mrsdarwin said...

What a sweet baby head! I want to hold her...

Entropy said...

Adorable.

How many times have I said that?