So what's going on while we're taking all of these baby pictures? Well, tonight it was this:

And this, actually! Helena is playing Lego Star Wars II, her game of choice. She holds the controller upside-down, but she moves around a bit! (What can I say, she's her brother's sister!)

And here's another one of Phelan with his cello. He's really enjoying his first year of orchestra. They have a holiday concert planned for December 6. It's so exciting that he has this opportunity at school! He had an introduction to music in kindergarten, where they did some work with bells, I think. In 1st through 3rd grades, they mainly became acquainted with classical pieces by a few composers. During the summer before 4th grade, he learned to play the bells for the beginning-of-the year Mass, but we didn't do anything else with that. That year, he had choir as a class, which was nice, and he was even invited to join the Invitational Choir. Unfortunately, they changed the choir practices so they conflicted with soccer (an after school sport that was limited to just his school--no real "competition"). Soccer won. This time, the music lessons are serious, challenging, enjoyable, and during school hours. He is doing very well with the lessons. I think he has a good ear. And he doesn't mind practicing! Well, mostly. . . ;)
2 comments:
Ha! I love the last picture of Phelan with his cello! That's great. I think it's so cool that he's taking up an instrument. I wish I would've learned a string instrument...well, other than guitar. I played saxophone throughout elementary and high school, but I wish I would've had the opportunity to learn violin or cello. And Helena with Lego Star Wars! That's too cute :)
What I didn't say about Helena is that she would take out the game and give it to Phelan or Anton and start humming her version of the Star Wars theme! It was so cute to hear her--not even 2--singing Star Wars music!
I wish I would have had this opportunity in school, too. I didn't know you played the sax! Very cool. I've dabbled with the guitar, but not much to tell, there... It does help me to understand some of the things he's doing, though (in a way).
Post a Comment