Monday, November 5, 2007

First Meetings!

This is our second and last night in the hospital. So to pass the time, I will upload some more photos! (Not much narrative this time, I'm afraid, but the pictures say it all!

Here is a picture of Helena from Sunday--her first meeting with little sister Isabelle. I think she was impressed with the baby. She was very serious. She tried to climb onto the hospital bed with me (and eventually was lifted onto the bed) and then reached both of her arms towards the baby!! So I placed the baby very gently on her arm and held her there so that Helena could feel her. Note how Helena's hand is on the baby's head:

She frequently turned to examine the baby:

And here is Phelan to join the picture! Helena is turning toward Phelan--she was saying something to him about the baby in a whisper while these pictures were being taken.


Today, Phelan was able to hold the baby as I promised yesterday (she was too new yesterday!!):
And here is a very silly sister getting her share of the attention!!:

Finally, this is uncle Jarreth with little Isabelle:

1 comment:

Entropy said...

What a beautiful family!!