Tuesday, April 8, 2008

More Easter Fun

I have been having some internet problems--my apartment complex's internet has been unreliable and Blogger is giving me grief when I try to post pics. And that's my excuse for getting these Easter pics posted so late!! (I has a few false starts.)

I love the way the eggs look all laid out on the counter after they're boiled and before they've been dyed. And the smell.

Helena was intrigued by the eggs, too. She usually has a scrambled egg each night for supper, or when she won't eat anything else, so the eggs were familiar, but this was a new form!

She even tasted one! (After discovering what happened when one broke!)
Phelan helped Helena dye eggs, which she did without dropping them! Two did break, but only because in her enthusiasm, she lost her balance and tried to catch herself by grabbing the towel on which the dyed eggs were drying. The reason I mention this is because one of the eggs turned into a projectile and became lodged in the mini blinds!! Wish I had a picture of that!!
I don't think this is one of the broken eggs. But it is Helena's sad face. The one she made when the pacifier fell in the toilet while it was flushing the other day. And the next day, when she said, "Fasa gone" (looking at the toilet). I think this sad face is so exceptionally cute!!


Here we are on Easter morning, ready for Mass.

Phelan and Isabelle:

And here I am, trying to round up Helena. . .
. . . who wasn't really up for pictures!
I don't think the pictures of me are very flattering, but I sure look happy! I was laughing about the struggling Helena. No Easter baskets emerged until after Mass, though Helena had discovered the content of plastic eggs and the joys of finding them at the egg hunt on Good Friday! After Mass, we came home & made muffelattas to share with family and friends. Hope everyone else had a blessed day!

2 comments:

Sarah Reinhard said...

I disagree. I think you look fabulous! That new haircut just makes you look like a superstar and that smile really is the ticket - you look so GLOWING.

And might I add, Chiclet's hair just cracks. me. up! :)

Literacy-chic said...

Awwww... Thanks! (But I hadn't really made peace with the hair yet!) :) Speaking of hair--yes, Isabelle's hairdo rocks! I love that that first picture! It's toning down some. I'll have to post some recent pictures.