Tonight, Anton was wrapping Phelan's foot, below and Helena, who always wants a piece of the action, was very conscious that we have been advising her against touching her brother's foot, putting strange boots on his foot, and lifting the foot onto a pillow, tried to get a better understanding of what was happening. So while Anton prepared to wrap Phelan's foot, Helena sat on the coffee table, donned a concerned expression, raised her foot and said, "Foot? Foot?" So Anton said he would take care of her foot, too, and I found a fabric scrap to suit the occasion, and we wrapped her foot.
A family blog for news by and about Isabelle, Helena, and Phelan--named after the girls' favorite stuffed friends.
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
More about Feet -or- Monkey See, Monkey Do!
So Phelan related the "Saga of the Foot" in the last post as part of his immobile activity today--he hasn't left the futon sofa today, and tomorrow promises more of the same. It has been an adventure!! Late Tuesday afternoon we learned that the bones of the second and third toes are, indeed, broken. Poor Phelan! But he isn't in too much pain and can hop around when he needs to. I just hope he survives 2 days on the sofa!
Tonight, Anton was wrapping Phelan's foot, below and Helena, who always wants a piece of the action, was very conscious that we have been advising her against touching her brother's foot, putting strange boots on his foot, and lifting the foot onto a pillow, tried to get a better understanding of what was happening. So while Anton prepared to wrap Phelan's foot, Helena sat on the coffee table, donned a concerned expression, raised her foot and said, "Foot? Foot?" So Anton said he would take care of her foot, too, and I found a fabric scrap to suit the occasion, and we wrapped her foot.
Not content to leave Isabelle out of the action, Helena handed Anton a burp diaper and told him to wrap the baby's foot, too!
And Phelan, overwhelmed by the sudden attention, granted me the photo opportunity!!
Tonight, Anton was wrapping Phelan's foot, below and Helena, who always wants a piece of the action, was very conscious that we have been advising her against touching her brother's foot, putting strange boots on his foot, and lifting the foot onto a pillow, tried to get a better understanding of what was happening. So while Anton prepared to wrap Phelan's foot, Helena sat on the coffee table, donned a concerned expression, raised her foot and said, "Foot? Foot?" So Anton said he would take care of her foot, too, and I found a fabric scrap to suit the occasion, and we wrapped her foot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Awww. Poor Phelan.
But boy, they sure are...CUTE. (You knew I was going to say that, didn't you?)
That Helena, she's sure something. Does she play dress-up a lot too? (Elizabeth does!) And Baby Belle...I could eat her up! All that hair!
And no, I haven't forgotten about your email...
Truth be told, I'm trying to be "good" this morning and only post my wordless wed post and then catch up on some reading - we'll see how it goes. :)
Poor Phelan indeed. I can empathize, having spent the last two weeks either in bed or in the recliner with my feet up. (The swelling finally went away a few days ago! I have feet again!) Being an invalid is no fun. but today I got the all-clear from my doctor and I can drive again. I actually got up and made dinner tonight... which wiped me out. Gotta remember to take baby steps.
Very cute pictures. I love the Helena foot wrapping. Bella would do the exact same thing, I'm sure.
Post a Comment