Every night at around 10 P.M., we shuffle into Phelan's (unorganized after being recently rearranged) room to tell him goodnight & say prayers. This is one of the only times Helena, who needs much supervision among Phelan's things, is allowed to go into the room (where many of the toys are stored) in an average day. So she makes the most of the opportunity and scopes out the toys while she's in there. Tonight, after I had left the room with Isabelle, she discovered
swords! So she handed one to Anton, took the smaller, and started clacking away, chattering in a very sweet growling voice. I immediately ran for the camera:




Eventually, we discerned the word "Pan" ending many of the "sentences":
"Avast you, Peter Pan!" (One of her favorite movies.) She was reenacting John and Michael playing Captain Hook and Peter Pan--and
she was Captain Hook!

She likes to take a toy or two or three with her when we leave the room--this time, she took the swords, a toy that plays "Old MacDonald" and a
purse.
And promptly went to the living room to put on
Peter Pan.
[I have to add that after I posted this, I showed her a picture on the computer and asked her, "Who's this?" pointing to her. She nodded and said, "Pan." I asked, "Pan?" and she said, "Yep, Pan," very matter-of-factly!]
No comments:
Post a Comment