Sunday, December 9, 2007

Little Girls in Action

Last weekend we bought our Christmas tree. Sunday Anton put the lights on, and then it sat, seemingly waiting until the time was just right for ornaments. This was good, as it gave Helena time to get accustomed to its presence before all manner of cute & shiny things were added to the equation! This picture was taken last Monday. I like to call it "tree mischief"! At the beginning of the season, when temperatures were still routinely reaching into the 90s (that is, last week--ha ha), I bought Helena the sweetest hat & mitten set! Helena instantly fell inlove with them--as did I! She has yet to actually wear them out of doors, but she does parade them around the house from time to time, in every kind of weather!

Isabelle has been showing the first hints of her smiles these past 2 weeks. Here you can see what I managed to catch of her near-smiles. She likes to smile at a red button on her swing and at the bathroom cabinets while she'd being changed. Here you can also see her fluffy little fairy-child hairdo!

Here is Isabelle fresh from her bath, swaddled in the green blanket and peach sheet that Mama (my spelling, pronounced "Maw Maw"--my grandmother, for those who don't know!) made for Phelan before he was born.
Another half-smile!
And more fluffy hair!

No comments: