Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas Cards: A Helena Retrospective

Every year I like to put the Christmas cards we've received up on the wall. They stay there well beyond the Christmas season! (Sometimes for years--we just get so used to looking at them that they become part of the decor!) This year, as I was looking for the tape, I was reminded of when we moved in May. . .

We had 2 or 3 that we received last year, and we put them just above the play yard where Helena would spend most of her time. They stayed up until we moved (little surprise there!). When we took them down, little Helena, then only 19 months, took them & tried to stick them back to the wall. She seemed to regard them as hers, since they were a fixture of her particular play space!! :)

Here she is in her little space (which she had well outgrown by the time we moved!):





Here's Cinder-Helena cleaning up before the move!

A prelude to her recent stint as a window-washer!

4 comments:

Sarah Reinhard said...

"Cinder-Helena" - too cute. My "Cinder-Babby" loves to clean too, and I figure it's a good thing to nurture (and I'm told it will go away, but I have hope - her grammy is a fabulous cleaner (and LOVES it, crazy woman that she is!), and maybe it rubbed off in the genes...).

Melanie Bettinelli said...

I just taped up our first Christmas card tonight. Then I got distracted. Now I need to find where I stuck that roll of tape so I can hang the rest of them.

I laughed when I read about Helena trying to stick them up again. I can totally picture Isabella doing that.

I love all the pictures. So cute.

Literacy-chic said...

When Phelan was almost 3 he liked to help us scrub the big puzzle floor mats that we had under his table to collect playdoh bits & food spills. We have a picture of him sitting with a scrub brush & a pan of soapy water, scrubbing away! It's when the work is by request rather than voluntary or when novelty wears off that it's no longer fun!! ;)

I've finally sent off our Christmas cards. Yay! Most people probably don't have my new mailing address, but I do have a couple of cards up! :)

chrisa511 said...

Hey Nicole, Meg started a new blog and it's got some Helena pics :) http://megsbabble.blogspot.com/