Friday, October 26, 2007

Speaking of Notions: A Helena Project

Here is a picture of a little project that Helena put together while I was teaching one night (back in September). Anton was in the kitchen cooking or cleaning, and Helena was in the living room (separated only by a high counter), presumably playing or watching a video. Phelan was likely in his room doing homework.

Helena has a fascination with all of my sewing things, especially pins. In order to teach her that pins can hurt, I have pricked her very gently and said, "ouch!", which basically seems like a pretty cute game to her. I generally pick up the sewing things when I leave for class if I have been sewing during the day (which hasn't happened too much lately). So imagine my surprise, and Anton's when I showed him, when I came home from class and found this!!: