Sunday, October 21, 2007

Catching Up

Most new blogs begin at the beginning. This blog will begin by backtracking a bit in order to showcase some really cute pictures from the summer, as we became settled in out new apartment, and as I set out to accomplish some "before the baby comes" sewing projects. I will try my best to give the "story" behind the cute pictures, when a story exists! So enjoy!

Before the backtracking, here I am, 38 weeks pregnant! I have gained an astoundingly low 19.5 lbs this time with what my doctor has described as "not a small baby" (though she added, not 9 lbs., but not 7 lbs. either!):I am much more "out front" than I was with either of the other two, who were also much higher. I'm low & pointy this time instead of high & broad. And I haven't gained nearly the weight in my face & elsewhere this time!

Today, I had a baby non-shower--a baby "tea," which allowed me to eat about 100 small eclairs before my doctor's appointment tomorrow! I had three friends attend besides Katy, who threw the party, and Mom and Danielle. I received a pair of hand-knitted booties, a Gymboree onesie with squirrels with matching socks (now I will have to research & buy the whole outfit!!), a pack of baby washcloths (I didn't have any pink ones before!), a pack of newborn diapers (I LOVE newborn diapers), and a little white bear-security-blanket. I do love baby stuff! :)

5 comments:

chrisa511 said...

I can't tell you how happy I am that you set up this blog!!! :) I love the new baby's name. Isabelle is just beautiful. Ah, it'll be nice to not have to refer to you as "N" and your children as "your oldest" and "the little one" lol...

Sarah Reinhard said...

It's so good to have a FACE with the name now! :)

I'm a low-gainer too. Adds to my worry levels while I'm pregnant...

Literacy-chic said...

Actually, with my starting weight, 20 lbs. is about right. I was worried a bit earlier, but when the measurements were good, and I KNEW I was EATING, I stopped worrying! :)

Nice to have both on board! :D

mrsdarwin said...

Hey, you're looking good! Can't wait to see a picture of the baby. Is Isabelle the name you've picked? I approve. :)

Entropy said...

I only gained 20 lbs with my third too!

You look great! Nice to finally "meet" you!