Friday, May 16, 2008

Phelan's End-of-year Concert

Last night, Phelan played in the end-of-the-year concert with the Oakwood 5th Grade Chamber Orchestra! Unlike the last concert, which only Anton & I attended (with Baby Belle), Helena accompanied us, as well as Justin and Megan (my brother and sister, for any who might not know us all!). Then we went to have dinner at a very casual Mexican restaurant that we like a lot--a notch or two above fast food, but very good & cheap (always a good thing).

While I picked up Megan and Justin, Anton stayed to supervise the students--and to grab a photo opportunity. . .

Or two. . .
Or three!
Here they are on stage. Truthfully, this is only 1/2 of the stage. You know, the side with Phelan!
And in close up:
Another stage view:
And another cropped shot!
They look very nice, and they sounded great, too. It's amazing what they have accomplished in just one year.
Here they are exiting the stage, with Phelan bending over the cello in the center!
He will be continuing in orchestra next year. This year has been very challenging and rewarding. I think he has some new ambitions!

1 comment:

LilyBug said...

Bravo to Phelan! What a wonderful accomplishment. I'm so glad to ghere he's going to keep this up next year. What a wonderful talent to pursue.